Cocoa beans are separated from the husk and broken into smaller pieces. These flavourful little pieces called Cacao nibs also have great nutritional value: one of the best dietary sources of magnesium as well as a good source of calcium, iron, copper, zinc and potassium.
- It is believed to uplift moods, support healthy glucose metabolism and promote healthy blood pressure levels.
- Mood elevator: cacao contains tryptophan, an essential amino acid required for the production of the neurotransmitter serotonin.
- Appetite Control: cacao contains chromium an important mineral for stabilizing blood sugar and reducing appetite.
- Circulation: cacao is a great source of flavones, powerful antioxidants that play an important role in circulation.
- Cocoa contains healthy monounsaturated fats.
- Cacao nibs are a nutritious snack.
- Cacao nibs and powder can be added to granola, smoothies and yogurts.
- Cacao nibs and powder can also be used in the preparation of chocolate, biscuits and brownies.