Chia is a natural product with a neutral taste and natural odor. When its roasted, it has a slight nutty taste. However, when the seeds are mixed with other ingredients they have a completely neutral taste. Chia combines many different healthy nutrients in a single food and is a perfect addition to daily nutrition.
- High levels of healthy, polyunsaturated omega 3, fatty acid.
- Contains protein.
- Contains high levels of fibre.
- Contains high levels of minerals such as calcium and magnesium.
- In 2009 chia seeds were licensed as a new food additive in Europe under the Directive concerning Novel Foods.
- The seeds are easy to use as an ingredient because they have a neutral taste.
- If you use Chia in your baking you will simply be giving your bread an additional nutrient boost.
- As an addition to your breakfast cereals.
Nutritional information per 100g of Chia seeds
- Energy: 490 kcl
- Protein:14 g
- Total fat:31 g
- Saturated fat:3 g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 23 g
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Fiber: 34.4g
- Calcium: 631 mg
- Iron: 7.72mg
- Selenium: 55.2 ug
- Phosporus: 860 mg
- Magnesium 335 mg
- Potassium : 407 mg
- Vitamin A: 54 UI
- Vitamin C: 1.6 mg
- Vitamin E: 0.5 mg