For years pecan nuts were only eaten during the holiday and autumn seasons, but now they are becoming more popular than ever. Boosting the customers to focus on a healthy lifestyle, it is clear to see pecans being added into various daily trail mixes, snacks, bars and many other popular recipes such as nut pastes and flours
The increased demand mainly comes from buyers within North America, Europe, and the Middle East. Due to the minimal raw material available of all pecan sizes, especially pecan halves, the price increased significantly in July. For the new season of 2021, we expect a continuation of the price to increase, looking at the high demand and shortages until the new crop is available (January 2022). Therefore, we recommend companies to cover well into Q1 2022 as the new crop will likely command a premium.
Benefits of pecans
Pecans have a brown shell and unique textured surface with a bitter and almost buttery kind of taste, containing a lot of nutrients to improve human health.
- Pecans are “heart-healthy” because they lower blood pressure as they are very rich in nutrients such as calcium, magnesium, and potassium.
- They have a high level of antioxidants.
- They contain more than 18 vitamins and minerals like Zinc, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Potassium, and Magnesium.
- They are high in plant-based protein.
Quality and food safety
Our partner in origin makes quality and food safety a high priority as they have invested in state-of-the-art technology which helps them to assure an excellent quality of their products.
- SQF 8 Certified Pecans Processing
- Kosher Certified
- Laboratory accredited to ISO / IEC 17025: 2005
Want to know more about our pecans?
As we have more than enough stock available, we would be happy to tell you more about our pecans! Please speak to any of our team.