Acai berry is the fruit of a type of palm whose scientific name is “Euterpe Oleracea” and is a commonly eaten food in the Amazon. The acai has a very pleasant taste being a mixture of chocolate with a hint of cherries and now it is widely used in a variety of applications.
- High oxidant power due to high concentration of polyphenols, which have an important role in fighting oxidative stress caused by the action of free radicals.
- Rich in dietary fibers
- Rich in Omega 6 and Omega 9.
- Contains high amounts of vitamins and minerals and helps the digestive system to work properly.
- High value on Oxygen radical absorbance minerals. (ORAC)
- 2 tablespoons per day is the suggested use.
- Beverages (juice blends, smoothies, energy drinks).
- Food (yogurt, energy bars, ice cream, desserts)
- Nutritional supplements (capsules, tablets, whole food powder).
- It can also be made into a nutritious and flavorful juice by using 2-3 tablespoons per 0,25L of water.